Santa Clarita Car Accident Lawyer

Put an Experienced Attorney to Work for You

Attorney Michael Rix is a trial lawyer who is passionate about seeking justice and restoring the lives of people who have been injured by the negligence of others. He handles each case personally with care, integrity, and zealous determination to get full and fair compensation for his clients. Mike has successfully litigated numerous catastrophic injury and wrongful death cases, and brings that experience to bear for his own personal injury clients.

The reality of driving in Southern California is that traffic collisions are highly likely. It’s important to know what to do after an accident! Let our Santa Clarita car accident attorney fight for the best possible outcome on your behalf and put years of experience as a former defense attorney to work in your favor.

Contact the Law Offices of Michael Rix for more information about your case.

What should I do after a car accident?

The most important thing to do following an accident is to stay safe. Only leave the car where the accident happens when it is safe to do so. Otherwise, safely pull to the side of the road and remain in your car. Additional injuries can occur if proper safety precautions are not taken after a collision.

Make sure to seek medical attention, even if you don’t think you are hurt. Often, symptoms of pain don’t show up until the next day or even a few days later. Immediately seeking medical attention can also help your chances of making a fair recovery for your claim.

Whom should I call after a car accident?

Contact emergency personnel right away by calling 911. Even if there don't appear to be injuries requiring medical attention right away, you should still call the police. The police can help by taking statements and preserving evidence and witnesses. If the police refuse to come out because there were no injuries, then make sure you gather the necessary information yourself before people leave the scene of the accident.

What information should I obtain following a car accident?

Obtain the following information:

  • Detailed contact information for the other drivers involved in the accident (name, address, phone numbers, email).
  • Vehicle information for all vehicles involved in the accident (make, model, year, license plate number).
  • Names and contact information for all passengers and witnesses at the scene of the accident.
  • Insurance information for all vehicles/drivers involved in the accident, including company name, policy number, and dates of coverage.

Should I talk to the police following a car accident?

Yes. You should fully cooperate with the police, explaining how the accident happened. You should not take fault for the accident, even if you think you have some share of the blame. Fault can be determined and apportioned later after a more detailed investigation.

Should I take pictures at the scene of the accident?

Yes. Thanks to our smartphones almost everyone has a camera ready to take photographs at the scene. You should photograph the damage to all involved vehicles, the overall accident scene, and any visible injuries. Take as many pictures as you can from many different angles. In car accidents, a picture is often worth a thousand words in capturing the impact and damage involved.

Should I call my insurance company?

It isn't necessary to call your insurance company right away from the accident location, but most insurance companies require that you report an accident promptly. If you do call the insurance company before consulting with an attorney, you should only give the basic information about how the accident happened. If the company wants more details or if it wants to record your call, you should meet with an attorney before going any further.

Should I speak with the other driver's insurance company?

You should never speak to the other driver's insurance company on your own. Its employees are trained to find ways and loopholes to pay you less than you deserve on your claim. You also have no obligation to speak to the other driver's insurance company in order to make a claim for injuries or damage. You should always consult with a qualified car accident attorney before attempting to speak with the other party's insurance company. Saying the wrong thing could prevent you from getting a full recovery or any recovery at all for your valid claim.

Contact an Experienced Car Accident Attorney in Santa Clarita!

It is good to contact an attorney as soon as possible after you've been in a car accident. A Santa Clarita car accident attorney from our firm can talk with you with no charge or obligation about the facts of your case, and determine whether a claim can be made. If you decide to hire the Law Offices of Michael Rix, we will coordinate all communications between the insurance companies, health care providers, and other interested parties. We are committed to protecting the rights of our clients and to seeking a just resolution of their personal injury claims.

Call (661) 426-2686 to get started on your case today!

Secure Your Representation

    • Please enter your name.
    • This isn't a valid phone number.
      Please enter your phone number.
    • This isn't a valid email address.
      Please enter your email address.
    • Please make a selection.
    • Please enter a message.
Put Us On Your Side